5.10.2010

Salvia Fritta and Baci di Dama!

The party was amazing, but I haven't took so many pictures because I was directly involved in helping with the guests and the food :) and I'm still completely confused by the jet leg!!! ... anyway here are some!


In the picture below you can see some of the most famous "desserts" of Piemonte. The round ones are called BACI DI DAMA (Lady's kisses). They consist in two buttery biscuits made with local hazelnuts with, in the middle, a fill of chocolate.
The lightly brown and irregular ones are called BRUT&BUN (this is Piedmont dialect! It means Ugly&Good) and are made of an hazelnuts meringue.
Hazelnuts, Nocciole Piemontesi, are a typlical product of Piemonte. I'm sure you all know very well one of the most famous food made with them: Nutella! (Ferrero is, in fact, a Piedmont brand). A part of Nutella you can find delicious hazelnuts and cocoa spread in several patisseries all around the region...gnumm!


Here is a picture of one of the dishes my mom cooked for the party. It's Sage and Borage deep fried in batter. The sage and Borage are from our vegetable pot! I love them, so crunchy and delicate...




For the moment that's it, but tomorrow I'm going to take some pictures of my favorites places in Turin!
Oh my ... I'm so drowsy .... zzzzzz .... poor me!
A presto...!

2 comments:

  1. OMG....I love Italy..its been way too long....sigh...thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience!
    Cheers
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could bring in this blog not only pictures and words, but also the flavors and the atmospheres of Italian cuisine ... thanks for joining! A presto! Noemi

    ReplyDelete