5.02.2010

Spring (or Summer?) !


This morning I woke up and felt the summer all around me. But what about the spring? Did we miss a season?
Anyway, at last our neighbors have been cast out, leaving behind them a wake of destruction (literally) and so this was our first night of a restorative and deep sleep...wow...Of course also my mood has enjoyed this amazing news and I promise that today I'm going to post a new and fresh recipe!
In the meanwhile an advice for whoever is in New York: go visiting the Community Gardens of the East Village! I've been there yesterday, the first day of open for this season, and I really enjoyed: the pictures here are from the Garden on the 6th street, between ave B and ave C. It's like entering in a different world, far away from Manhattan.
The Community Gardens are a wonderful idea, basically are gardens managed and maintained by gardeners belonging to the surrounding community. They are little oasis of beauty and peace in the middle of the city. You can also grow vegetables or other crops in them, according to the statement of the single Garden. I am literally fallen in love with those places.
To whoever is not here in New York, I am curious, does this exist also in your cities? As far as I remember unfortunately Torino doesn't have similar initiatives :-(
And now: some house cleaning and than let's cook! A presto!





No comments:

Post a Comment